Have a question about a Home Fur Good dog or cat?
- Look through our adoptable cats or adoptable dogs online. If you have a question about one of then, please fill out the animal inquiry form and we will answer all of your questions!
- The animal inquiry form is not an adoption contract. This does not reserve an animal or guarantee adoption. Our animals are adopted to properly screened individuals or families on a first come first serve basis after they have met the animal.
Process for Adopting
- Must be 18 years of age to adopt.
- Come in to meet the animal in person. We require all of your family members to meet the prospective new family member in advance of adoption. Sometimes a person may be allergic, or just might not feel the same about a particular animal.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog and already have a dog(s), we require a “meet and greet” between all of the dogs.
- All adoptions are done only in person at our shelter or one of our adoption events.
- Our shelter is open Thur, Fri and Sat from 11-4
Deciding on a new pet & finding the right pet for you
Our volunteers will show you our adoptable animals and will try to help you find the perfect for you and your family. We will discuss your lifestyle, your needs, and make sure it is a good fit for you and the animal. We cannot guarantee that every adoption request will result in an adoption.
Finalizing the adoption of your new family member
- This final process can take up to an hour, so please don’t be in a hurry. It is a life-long commitment worth of a little time. Our Adoption Counselor will go over the contract and any other material needed.
- All cats MUST leave in a carrier, and all dogs MUST leave on a leash. So please come prepared to take your new pet home.
- All of our animals have been spayed/neutered, microchipped, and are up-to-date on vaccines. We will discuss any additional vaccines needed.
Post adoption check-in
- Adopting an animal is just the beginning for all adopters and your new pet
- In the following weeks, you will be contacted by a HFG representative to follow up on the adoption and to answer any questions you may have.
- We realize it takes time for animals to get used to a new home situation, and we are available to help with any concerns or questions you may have during the first few months.
- Please contact us by phone or email and we will do our best to help any way we can. We want the adoption to be a positive experience for all involved.
- All dogs can benefit from behavioral management techniques. Please consider this, and let us know if you need help finding someone to help with training.